As one of the UK’s leading national experts in recovery of wrongly paid care home fees our nursing care legal specialists have successfully recovered over £80 million for families like yours.
Our nursing care fee recovery service is supported by highly specialised expertise through our parent business Hugh James.
For more information, please visit the dedicated nursing care page on the Hugh James website.
Paying care homes fees?
Every person needing long-term care because they are ill should be individually assessed for their medical and health needs first and not their ability to pay. If the primary reason a person is in a nursing home is because of their nursing care and health needs, the NHS are responsible for the care home fees.
However, around half of Britain’s 440,000 care home residents are self funding their care home fees. With the cost of care and nursing home fees being an average of £500 - £700 per week, the cost can escalate into thousands of pounds.
The NHS continuing healthcare package may be available to you if your requirement for care is down to health related problems. Find out more on our information pages about NHS continuing healthcare and capital limits.
Why work with us?
• We have recovered over £80 million in wrongly paid nursing home fees
• We act for over 5,000 clients across England and Wales helping them get their money back
• We work in partnership with many of the leading older peoples' charities, helping us to ensure our service meets the needs of the people we, and the charities, represent
• Unlike many other companies we are a firm of solicitors regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and comply with the solicitors code of conduct.
• Our nursing care team is the leading and most experienced team in the niche area of continuing healthcare, giving you complete peace of mind that your case is being dealt with by fully qualified lawyers who specialise in reclaiming nursing and care home fees
• We promise to deal with your claim from start to finish and will not pass your claim on to a third party.
• We offer a complete service for you with dedicated team members to contact.
If you or a relative are in a nursing or care home because of physical or mental health needs you may be paying fees that should have been funded by the NHS.